Originally Posted by deathidge
Second, the people doing motion capture were young and have a 99.997% survival rate from this virus, I think they'll be fine.

a.) Data changes, but last time I checked, the CDC was estimating base mortality rate (i.e., for 18–29 year olds) at somewhere between 0.2%–1.5%, meaning your oh-so-confident 0.003% underestimates the risk by somewhere between a factor of sixty and a factor of five hundred.

b.) Even cases that don’t result in death can cause hospitalization and permanent complications.

c.) Even cases that don’t cause hospitalization, including asymptomatic cases, can infect other people who then are hospitalized or die. Cf the Maine “superspreader” wedding linked to seven deaths, none of whom attended the wedding.

d.) Just because something poses little risk to you yourself doesn’t make it a Cool, Fun, and Consequence-Free Activity. Personally, if all I cared about was myself I’d do a lot more crimes. But I care about other people, so I don’t.

e.) I’d lay money on much of the completed mo-cap, likely including the clips we saw, having been done before the pandemic kicked off.

Last edited by Apocynum; 28/09/20 06:22 PM.