Originally Posted by Madscientist
about alignment:

- I am happy they removed it. Usually when using alignment it results in two things:
a) The options you have are fine, but there is a huge discussion about "Why is this action lawful?" or "How can this be good?"
b) The options fit perfectly each alignment but they are boring or unrealitic. ( good: save everyone, evil: kill everyone, lawful: I follow orders, no questions, chaotic: I do whatever I want and do not care about anything)

Personally I love the Witcher games. No alignment system, but your choices have consequences and the game reminds you that these outcomes are the result of your action.
Looks like Larian does it that way and I think this is good.

- Some time ago I did a test with tons of questions that does not only show your alignment but also your race and class.
Result: I am a lawful neutral human wizard with high int and wis but pathetic cha and bad physical stats ( the DnD version of a nerd ;))
Unfortuanatly I cannot find this test at the moment, it was also an online multiple choice test and the result showed a numerical value for each axis, your race, class and stats.

I think the best recent example of alignment being handled pretty well is found in Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Pretty much every situation has options for nearly every alignment, and a lot of the choices make sense for their given alignment. And it's interesting that your alignment is actually tracked on a chart, and you can watch it gradually adjust as you make decisions and can actually swing out of your initial alignment over time by making decisions that other alignments would make. It actively shows your growth as a person since it fluctuates since you can see exactly where each decision fell and how far it swung you toward a specific alignment.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.