Originally Posted by _Vic_
I wasnt´comparing BG3 companions with the companions that you lose in the prelude in some games. I was saying that if you have to lose party members in BG3, I am glad that you do it (possibly) in a way that you can choose who lives and dies and that allows you to recruit the companions that you left behind when you replay the game.
Kinda the same it happens in Mass effect with Kayden and Ashley, like I told you in the part of my post you do not quoted (again) XDD

I am also glad that we'll have a choice in who lives and dies and that you can choose differently on future playthroughs!

And oops I'll take 50% of the blame for not quoting your Kaidan/Ashley text. But I'm giving you the other 50% since you only included that in an edit to your original post (I'm pretty sure). I forgot to change your quote to account for that. xD

Originally Posted by Eguzky
My guess is that Act 1 is getting the tadpole removed. It's going to be a down to the wire event that you barely survive, which means those not in your party will not live because they were not there to get the cure.
After that, the story will be all about stopping the Mindflayers.

It's just a guess, but that would make the most sense, to me.

I hope at least some of the other companions live. Maybe they become mindflayers you have to fight later. Maybe they ally with some other power to get their tadpoles removed, and then come into conflict with you when you fight that power (and possibly recruit them then???).