Originally Posted by tangelo1023
I'm genuinely confused. Isn't the "control single character and have party follow" method how every 3d crpg has done things? That's how it was in NWN, NWN2, and Dragon Age Origins. This isn't some radical thing that Larian introduced with DOS1. It's a standard for 3d crpgs.

Well, it's quite interesting to me that you managed to name a bunch of games that did party control worse than the examples I mentioned.

Still, DOS 1, 2 and this BG3 are somehow managing to be the absolute worst of the entire list, which is almost impressive.

Honestly, I'd be rather impressed with most of what I'm seeing of this BG3 in most aspects, but this one is a Larian trademark I could GLADLY do without.
Especially because unlike other limitations (i.e. a four men party comes to mind) it's not even a trade-off with meaningful pros and cons. It's straight up worse than the alternative from whatever angle one may watch at it.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN