Originally Posted by Rouoko
Originally Posted by Demoulius

-Viconia. A female drow. On the surface world. Yeah no special secret or whatnot but this alone makes her an rarity. And she also doesent seem to want to kill every man she meets (even though she does think them inferior) which also makes somewhat of a rarity in drow society. Yeah nothing special to see here.

You skip her story?
She was exiled from Underdark so she run to surface world where she meet Flamign Fist members who want kill her, and you rescure her in Baldur's Gate 1. She have every one because that is drow nature they have this because they was teach to live in that way.
In Baldur's Gate 2 she is even mroe interesting. You again rescure her from beeing burned by viligers and paladins. She told you story what how she start living in house after leaving your party and how she wasa buried alive and raped. She is very tragic character and have lots of wounds make by her own kind and humans.

Uh no I did infact not skip her story. I was giving short descriptions showing that theyre not infact uninteresting boring nobodies. I could write entire paragraphs about each character but nobody has time for that....

@warbaby2:
You say that the npc's backstories dident play a role yet at the same time say that in bg3 it will play a role? How can you tell? The game is still in EA. Aside from 1 of the npc's going nuclear and killing alot of people their backgrounds in no way shape or form will be effecting the main story line as far as we can tell so far. One is a vampire but hes no where near as powerfull as a normal spawn is. Seems more like flavour then an big game breaking side effect.

The game isent finished yet but other then fleshing out the character a bit I dont really see it influencing gameplay either tbh. Where as the npc's in bg1 had unique special abilities. Nothing game breaking but enough to give them something special like Minsc's rage or Branwen spectral hammers.

What im trying to say is, it marks them as special in the setting. Maybe not so much to the player. Other then having quirky backgrounds thr npcs in bg3 dont really stand out either...