Originally Posted by Gaidax
I think it's ok for them to modify the rules a tad. After all D&D is not a system made for video games - you can't just slap these rules in as they are and expect them to work.

All games based on D&D rulesets have modified them one way or another with the blessing of the licensers, because some systems simply would be not workable for a video game without being a massive pain in the ass.

Then, as always, you have outright crappy stuff in D&D that begs to be changes, like Rangers for example and I am glad Larian got a green light on that.

As a whole, giving more bonus actions to characters around is good, because you can then create more interesting encounters with more enemies and action, so it's fine in my (player)book. Screeching that it's not D&D is silly - show me who follows those rules to a last word.

I disagree, so far I hear the idea that you can't implement the table top rules to a video game argument at this point as a cop out, or at best if it is true, developers just adopt that posture before actually getting anywhere near the point that it doesn't work. Also the mechanics in BG3 are not a "tad" off of 5E rules, they are way off, applying more of a light dash of 5E rules, than anything close to a faithful adaptation. Its 5E derivative, not depictive.