D&D is a bad game to play purely for the roleplay honestly, You'd be better with something like FATE/Fudge or maybe the Cypher system. Obviously, you should do you, but D&D mechanics are weakest when it comes to the social aspects, and if you refer purely to roleplay without the mechanics that support it, its another totally separate conversation lol.

Combat is one of the pillars of D&D, and a huge proportion of the games mechanics are tied to combat.

Equally, as you just outright stated you're going to dislike having to get into combats regardless, it almost feels like this thread is somewhat moot for you?

My experience of combat in BG3 has been that it isn't slow unless you're the sort of person to agonise over your options. Something that is as annoying in pnp as it would be in this lol.

I think the other thing is, you don't care about a bunch of the mechanics, which doesn't suggest you hate them any more than the overall combat itself, whilst lots of us DO care, which is why we are here.

Ultimately, I want a game with a great story and interesting characters and choices to make. I'd love it to have some strong ties to BG1 & 2, though I'm not holding my breath there based on EA build at least, Beyond that, I want a good D&D 5e experience within the realms of a CRPG, particularly because I hope they'll include the DM mode and controls like they did for D:OS2 which would potentially allow me to play D&D 5e in a whole new way with friends.