Posted this on reddit and it's own thread, but I'm thinking Larian will most likely look here for most suggestions, so here's my list:

Spells

• Some spells from 5e have projectiles that don't travel in a direct line (like Magic Missile) and reach their target no matter what, and some work needs to be done to reflect that in game.
  • Disguise self should allow us to not only look like all the available player races, but also goblins, hobgoblins, orcs, duergar, anything. I don't expect the game to reflect the height change rule with disguise self (because that's just probably really hard to set up so it works differently for halflings or something).
  • I haven't tested detect thoughts much, but I've given it a shot on some critical discussions and it works and is pretty cool! However, I think spells like that should be changed so that the effect lasts a little longer. Because you can't cast it mid-dialog, I find myself rushing through dialogs to get to the point where I can use it, and I don't think that's intended.
  • I love Speak with Dead so far, it's been really useful!

Inventory, items and Hotbar

• The improvements made to the hotbar and the customizability is a BIG improvement over DOS2. I love how this works, and I like being able to choose what gets automatically added.
  • However, there don't seem to have been many improvements made to the inventory system itself over DOS2.
  • Currently, we've got some weird variations of potions of healing and basic poison that don't stack with each other, don't have the correct text, etc, etc.
  • We need a better way to move multiple items - multi-select, something like that. I spent WAY too much time in inventory management.
  • Camp storage shouldn't just be an ordinary container. It needs to be at the least a popped out thing like when you pop out one character's inventory.
  • Being able to name bags or customize auto-sort options for them would be really useful as well, though I bet that would be difficult to set up.

Combat and systems

• At first I didn't understand the high ground thing but now I'm beginning to think that it's there because the game doesn't have cover? This makes sense to me, but I don't think it should give disadvantage to range spell users (or whatever it's doing to reduce my percent-to-hit). Honestly, high ground should make you MORE susceptible to being hit by a warlock with eldritch blast from across the room.
  • Advantage and disadvantage is REALLY important and it needs to be made more clear when you have advantage/disadvantage on something and when you don't.
  • I don't really like the percent-to-hit system. I would prefer if we had other options as well: one where you see a full breakdown in tooltip of AC, advantage, all your modifiers, and what dice you're rolling, and one where you get only the information on what your modifiers are and what dice you're rolling (basically a harder difficulty one where you wouldn't be able to see resistances and AC when you examine a character).
  • The range tolerances on melee weapons need to be increased a little - sometimes you can be just SO close to hitting someone, with your melee range circle actually ON their circle, but somehow you can't hit.
  • War caster NEEDS to be added to the game. Concentration is really important right now, because it allows a lot of spells to be reapplied, etc, and currently it doesn't seem like characters make a saving throw to see if they can keep concentration.
  • Some things need to be made more clear for players with no experience in D&D. Things above like advantage, but also what the damage dice mean, how modifiers work, how concentration works, initiative, and so on. I've seen a lot of streamers drop concentration on REALLY important things in combat (like hold person) because they didn't know the new spell would break concentration.
  • Make it more difficult to accidentally skip a characters' turn when two characters have the same initiative. I found myself doing that many, MANY times.
  • Shove needs to be nerfed, as much as it hurts me to say it. I love the mechanic, but it's WAY to strong right now, I've used it to win soooo many fights laugh

[this space intentionally left blank]