Originally Posted by Pupito

big +1 to this, my character feels like a blank slate and I can come up with as much backstory as I want to in my head but it doesn't really have the same feeling to it, especially when all my dialogue options won't reflect that. If they won't just go full deep dive on the custom PC's background, at least give us some way to make their background more personal in the character creator. Like create your character, then you go to a screen that lets you alter your backstory and such. DOS2 has this in a small sense with the "tags" system, where you could choose 2 tags like "barbarian" and "jester" that let you open up more options during dialogues according to those tags. I'm sure writing a 3 page backstory isn't something they could feasibly allow in the game, but let us choose certain things like backgrounds, where our PC is from, what they used to do, etc etc to give them more flavor.

On a side note, does anyone have any idea what the "who do you desire?" page where you create what seems to be your lover(?) after character creation is all about? Like, what am I supposed to do with this exactly? xD

if you could pick an origin story no companion has, it would help to fill the gap
you could even include the "who do you desire" into the origin story

Link to discussion
http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=689193&page=4