Originally Posted by clavis
Now you again run into a swarm of raiding orcs. 'Oh Fuck' yeah you just realized that your about to die, get maimed, and have a rather horribly, very bad, no good day.

Second example "Oh shit!" yeah you left your baby in the car, or left the oven on with food in it.

Your conveying a sense of heightened emotion, an urgent thought, or very strong feeling/opinion what have you.

I think that's the point: emphasising strong emotions, catastrophe or just, well, making a point sometimes "requires" strong language (somewhat subjective, but y'know). However, I have known people who've used e.g. "fucking" and so on effectively as verbal punctuation and that quickly becomes very tiring to listen to.

Originally Posted by clavis
Now if you looked at someone and said 'Let go fuck!' that is more modern, and in my opinion rude, crude and should get the shit slapped out of you for it, even if you say it to your wife. Again in my opinion its tasteless, crass, and derogatory to the one you say it.

I dunno. After posting about the colourfully-named local street (now Magpie Lane... bah. There's a case to be made for magpies being more offensive, horrid flying bastards) I looked it up and it seems the "most offensive" thing is a modern affectation: back then it and its ilk were just words and meant what they described, nothing more.

J'aime le fromage.