Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Emrikol
Alternate profanities can easily go bad. I don't have any problem with shit, etc.

What would you suggest?

IMHO it's generally best to stick with what we know. Alternative forms often sound a bit less than awesome, whether or not they come across as ratings/sensibility compliance, and their absence can feel artificial.

Originally Posted by vyvexthorne
Yeah.. the word fuck does feel fairly modern even if it might not be. Words like bleedin', bloody and shyte, could all easily replace it and fit in well with the already British accents.. Also, what's up with every race having British accents?

I see this a lot, but I'm never really sure what's the issue with English being voiced with English accents; the alternative being... I dunno, American accents? Larian have used a British cast since Divinity 2 around 10 years back, perhaps initially as British recording studios were geographically convenient for a Belgian developer to do its English-language voices. I suppose it just fits in with their way of writing and producing stuff.

fwiw, swearies like "fuck" etc are pretty ancient, as is "the c-word". There's a street in central Oxford here that was until comparatively recently called Gropecunt Lane. I believe the naughty word in question goes at least as far back as Chaucer, though I am not a literary type so I may be mistaken.

Well the alternative would be that they've already described what a lot of the race languages sound like in D&D so you'd get creative and make them up based off of those descriptions.. .. or just make everyone sound like Ricardo Montalban because he had the best accent ever.