Hey,

I just had 1 round of "classic" D&D (all beginners but the Gamemaster, remote), so Iam pretty new to a lot of features and hell, its way different to play in comparison with other RPGs smile...

I killed nearly EVERYTHING (friendly and hostile), I made so much mistakes with my characters and I had to read and try a lot. But still the game did end after 16h, not after 25. Maybe I lost some sidequests by killing too much people :P...

I did play on Stadia, was an amazing experience. Yeah, Early Access, I had at least 2 crashes every hour of gameplay, but that was fine for me: I wanted to play this game - HYPE! ^^

What did I miss?
  • A (better) tutorial, starting at the character creation - I made a lot of mistakes and the difficulty was fine, so it didnt "hurt" me. But after watching some guides at Youtube, I was sad, that I didnt knew before... I had traits, that didnt match my main stats and other big issues. ^^ (really important, I didnt realize, how to make a long break and the first 4 to 5 hours I didnt know, there is a "short break", like I did miss so much more important stuff...)
  • Minions and teamed NPCs didnt follow me over ladders. My team did (if I didnt need to jump)...
  • After a long break, if Iam at my camp and I did port back to the action, I had to teleport every single team member. I couldnt arrange them as a team to let them pass the teleporter as a team. Annoying.
  • I was wondering the rogue gameplay sometimes... If I dont kill an enemy directly, but noone is watching me attacking that guy, why I get in fight with his whole "team"? Some enemys did shout for help, thats logical and there are skills to help me out here wink... But sometimes the enemy survives with just a few life points and I can start because of suprise, but 5 enemys, that didnt see me doing anything harmfull, are aware of me being the enemy now. I want more sneaky gameplay smile
  • Sometimes I failed to click on the enemy. I used a cast to kill the enemy, but missed him a little bit and my skill got fired on the floor next to him. Did happen at least 5 times... Yeah, maybe sometimes you have to attack the floor to fire up some oil or something... But please warn and maybe stop me from attacking the floor without wanting to laugh... If there is no "reason" (like oil on the floor), give me some kind of "are you sure, bro?" ^^
  • Give me more "feeling" for the results of my doing: I killed nearly everyone. I killed the Tieflings for the Druids, then the Druids for the Gnomes and then the Gnomes. So I got all the nice loot and experience laugh... But I didnt feel like a "bad guy" and nothing really changed (ok, the druid mage came to my camp to kill me for destroying the hain^^). Maybe a "bad guy" score, that does influence my aura and chances for something?! I dont know...
  • Some automatic functions in the inventory. By killing everything I had more then 500 weapons, it did need SO much clicks to bring it to my camp. If I kill a trader, I want to loot the 3 rare items and send the rest to my camp... And maybe some easy way to bring that stuff back to the next trader. Maybe I shouldnt loot the grey stuff, because I can steal the gold from the traders or just kill them... But as a D&D noob I did try to sell all the grey stuff... Is that dumb?! laugh
  • I would love some basic crafting.
  • A tooltip for effects on enemys would be great. You have to examine them to get a tooltip. But if I mouseover an enemy, I see the effects, I want to get easy access to the informations about that effects... AND some more informations about effects on items or skills on items without examine would be great. Let us spare that extra clicks in some way.
  • A better pathing would be fine... You have some fire on the ground or water (as vampire) and if you move the main character in a good way, your team doesnt follow that :P... They like to get burned, poisoned,... Let them follow more intelligent laugh!
  • Show me as a new player, that I need a lockpicking tool to lockpick treasures. I was wondering a long time, why I could do it sometimes and some times I couldnt. Show me, that I "break"(?) it after every usage (or just If I fail? Idk...) and that I cant lockpick, because I lack a tool.

Bugs?
  • Some NPCs didnt care failed pickpocketing... I did fail 5x before I got 3k gold of a trader, and he didnt even say something about that... laugh (the female one in the Underdark, but it did happen with more NPCs)
  • The log doesnt scroll automatically... Every time I open it, it shows me old informations smile
  • The camera is horrible sometimes. Worst situation was: I got knocked down a floor by an enemy with 1 character. She could have jumped back on the top floor, but I couldnt see the top floor... With my knocked down char choosen, the places to jump did disappear to improve my vision...
  • Weird animation bug of dead enemys (know bug, I think^^)
  • The skillbar was buggy. Maybe I could have workaround here by deactivating the automation of filling it. But If I throw some skills out of my bar, I dont want them to come back. Its ok to fill the bars with "new" stuff, but why i get forced to have everything in my bars with that?
  • The alt-key doesnt show me everything I can loot. It feels very random, I dont know.

I dont list all the good stuff - this game is just amazing and its probably the first game, I will play and finish more than 1 time... I love, that I can really decide and that even, If I would want to replay it in the same way, the dices will make the story different... The graphics and immersion are great! Iam hyped for the release and I will probably play the EA again, with another char, in a different way^^ I just spare my Rogue for after the release laugh

I hope, you could follow me. Didnt have to write so much english for a long time :P

Kind regards
Acanis

Last edited by Acanis; 13/10/20 04:10 PM.