I'm certain that many have voiced their gripes about the Origins characters already, this is more than a +1 to those sentiments. I would prefer to have no Origins characters at all and build a complete party of custom characters if I am limited to only 4 in my party. That way I can play to the strengths of the race/class combo I choose for them. It would be preferable if this could be done at early access but if not it should be a priority at the official full release of the game. Shadowheart is so unbalanced as Trickster Rogue and Astarion is to a degree as well. Their ability choices are incorrect for their classes and although I understand that not everyone chooses their race and class combos to compliment their stats, I am a longtime D&D player who looks at these Origins characters and wonders if anyone who designed them has ever even played a single game of D&D. At least Gale, Lae'zel and Wyll are salvageable at level 4. I despise Shadowheart (not just for her general demeanor) and I refuse to even take Astarion into my camp (A rogue with Intelligence as a dump stat, 10 charisma and a 12 in Strength!?).

Please, please, please... 4 custom characters for my game ASAP. I would like a balanced party for the dangers of Faerun.