Originally Posted by Arideya
Originally Posted by Parra
Totally agree with OP. People forgot that Elves, Orcs, Aarakocras, Goblins, Giths and all other races are OTHER races. I totally agree if you want a Half-Orc, or Half-Elf with Caucasian/Asian/Negroid/Arab characteristics, since they ARE half humans... But bringing human features to other races, just destroy their characteristics...

But you are using a certain human appearance to serve as a 'base' to build your races and their appearances from, and right now that equivalent is caucasian. I don't see a problem in using all other bases that exist on planet Earth, and yes while Toril is not Earth, you have all sorts of magical creatures and brain-eating tadpoles and for some reason elves that have features such as epicanthric folds cannot exist.

Originally Posted by Usako

While I perfectly understand and agree that elves should look like elves (there was another thread that showed that some elven faces were so... rough?), I must say I also appreciate if I'd be able to find a face that COULD be me (southeast asian heritage) in elven form :P
Must admit that I didn't pay much attention to elves in general before, though. I liked how Sebille in D:OS2 looked. But given the picture, her face was too wide/round.

I've only done Human and Tiefling so far though, so didn't click through the faces yet.

Precisely my point, if anything it will open up the races to more people who would like to play themselves but with pointy ears.

Edit: I do want the elves to be more ethereal and magical, leaner than humans and half-elves, shorter Drow, alien eyes etc. I am way too used to the old drawings of Forgotten Realms elves. I am arguing for face diversity because I think there are ways that the art team can make it work by keeping distinctly diverse features but at the same time making them FR elves.

Yeah, i would be cool with that. It would be much better than what de have now.