I think there should be a limit to "level adjusting" the enemies. Imagine being a lvl 10 party and encountering a goblin guard, with 180+ hp. All the while the owlbear had less HP, the ogre magi, phase spider matriarch, even the Bulette was weaker... how far will Larian go in order for EVERY fight to be a "challenge" up to the party's level?

If I'm a good explorer, I'd like to go see the dragon. Even if I'm level 5. So now I'm looking at the dragon... is he level 5??? that would be so stupid and would damage immersion. But it would be as stupid as during endgame, fast travelling to Blighted Village, we encountered level 12+ goblins who could very well anihilate a level 9 party.

BG1 made it pretty simple, to have a good challenge. The game was hard, not easy, and it didn't have to resort to tricking it's own systems. I'm not saying Larian is "ruining" anything, but to dismiss plainly this kind of post because of some kind of conviction that Larian is doing it better than the makers of all those "old" games, or even new games like Pathfinder Kingmaker, is just bollocks. Larian's DOS design, whether people like it or not, make leveling almost irrelevant, compared to other companies' implementation of 2E, 3E, 4E, 5E or even Pathfinder, and so many other similar systems.

Of course, that doesn't mean they are doing a bad job at all, to the contrary, but people who think enemies' stats should be like in BG2/NWN2 for example, or even PF:K are not trolls, or idiots, or "non believers", and they don't necessarily have bad intentions. Lastly I'll say this: while I liked a lot DOS 2, I liked more BG2, and even PF:K, even considering it's bad graphics and optimization. Why? it's not Larian's fault, I just like Dungeon and Dragons, since 2E. When they made DOS 2 they couldn't use the DnD systems, and with that limitation they made something great. Now they are in major leagues, and major leagues involve a LOT MORE PRESSURE. Now they have DOS 2 fans to please all the while DnD and Pathfinder fans, and BG fans will demand the game to feel:

-Like a BG game.
-Like a DnD 5E game.
-Like a true sequel to a game considered to be the best RPG to ever have been made (BG2).

And DOS fans will ask for it to be:

-"Like a Larian game".
-Not overly "complicated", but deep (I've seen them complain about DnD's complex systems)
-A fun, balanced and tactical combat experience (from their DOS perspective)

In my opinion they have a problem. Mostly it's about flavour. They cannot please both fandoms truly. DOS 2 was too funny, too fluffy and too jokingly/not serious compared to BG1/2's style and objectives, and as such, both games' fans will expect different results. The same can be said with rules implementation, enforcing, balancing and the like. My opinion is: they should try their best for everyone, but ALWAYS privilege the GOOD NAME AND REPUTATION of Baldur's Gate. If they don't, they won't get to develop BG 4, and anyways we'll still get DOS 3 eventually, so no need for DOS fans (me included) to despair.