I'm currently playing the Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventure, and we just fought this thing last week with a group of 6 (4 were level 3, and 2 were level 4). Note the legendary actions at the bottom. It wrecked us, and we barely managed to survive. While the DM seemed to want to kill us, I think he thought it would take too long to roll up new characters, so he ran us all down to near death and then we finally killed him. In all fairness, it should have wiped the party. That doesn't mean it's OP, it just means the party isn't ready for that fight yet.

https://5e.tools/bestiary/thousand-teeth-gos.html

I went into the Underdark and took down both of the minotaurs with my eldritch knight. His AC was good enough that they missed most of the time. They immediately killed my mage and cleric in the first moments of the engagement. The next round, they killed Asterion, but not before he was able to stab one of them pretty well. My EK then got some good hits using Faithbreaker. The minos hit like trucks, but I think their AC is teh suxxors, because my EK rarely missed, and took them both down within a few rounds. They got him good twice, but he still had 3 HPs when the second one died. Then I went to try to help Asterion stand up, and didn't notice that Gale was already dead right next to him. Gale's death gas dropped me like a sack of crap.

Ragnar Hammerhand
Slayer of Goblins
Lifter of Weights
Eater of Cookies