Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
Originally Posted by nation

y no alignment? [unless your a cleric?? and i cant be an evil elven cleric of the archeart that pulls some Altmer elder scrolls inspiration?], n

I have read somewhere that WotC wanted Larian to abandon the alignment system for this game. Strange

ya ive heard that too and i agree that it is strange and i dont really understand the rationale or the decision dynamic behind it, as in if it was a firm decision by wotc? tbh i just dont agree with removing alignment, but i also think alignment could be revamped (id prefer selfish v selfless instead of evil v good, but thats just me).

i feel like this and the party locking after Act1 are examples of what i has been mixed messaging from larian regarding their vision for the game as bg3. like, you want to remove the alignment system, but also want to preload EA with all 'evil' characters and encourage us to have an 'evil' playthrough so you can collect 'data' - i feel like those two perspectives dont reconcile? and if we are removing alignment, then why are there still good/neutral/evil cleric tags? i think adding alignment as part of the tagging system (which i also think should be heavily expanded on to include things like alignment, background/profession, hometown, diety for all characters, maybe some pc specific past decision tags that would impact your playthrough - like DAorigins origin stories etc.) would only work to immerse yourself more in the world and your player character and enhance your playthrough experience. as it stands now i feel like the player character is really underwhelming compared to the origin characters (which i am seeing more and more now as dmpcs not npcs) who we will need to decide after one act whether we want to carry the rest of the way (before we even reach the city that is the games namesake where these origin stories are really supposed to pick up) - just my thoughts

i want to be able to gather my party before venturing forth - and having limitations on who and when i can select companions for my party seems overly restrictive. that being said, larian very well could have solutions or additional content post ea that compensates or builds on our act 1 decisions, but as it stands now we will just have to wait and see