I'm on the fence, leaning towards more restrictive, but not because it has to be like old BG 1&2 or D&D rules.

Currently you can make an attack, swap to dual wield, make an offhand attack, swap to a shield, end turn with highest AC possible.

Also, I can freely move and use items in other characters inventory.

My original thought was that action/bonus action's are too high a value, and having those be expended is too restrictive, so I considered having your movement bar be expended for making any inventory management changes.

Jostling around in a backpack instead of moving eats up time, which could have been used to run at the enemy. If we consider the movement action bar to be a "time before your turn is up" it helps a bit. You can only run x amount of meters per a second before the enemy can react (your turn is up).

So if you run up to an enemy, now you can swap gear anymore. If you swap gear and down an enemy, you can't run to the next to do an offhand attack with a bonus action.

Also putting a distance limit between swapping/using items between characters. I considered suggesting that "magic pocketing" count as a "throw" action, but that may be too restrictive.

A compromise between expending action/bonus action points and having free reign to cheese gear I feel is in the movement bar.

Last edited by CMF; 17/10/20 12:28 PM.