My vote? Rolling stats! I love the diverse potential for an OP, god-o-war Warchief that crushes his enemies, drives them before him/her, and hears the lamentation of the children...sorry. My barbarian was speaking. But seriously, I would love to see a stat roll system for the potential of creating such awesome characters. This game doesn't have PvP. There's no concern of being able to steamroll or dump on other players. It's literally you vs the game. It's pure PVE, so I say, let folks have fun. For those who want something more moderate, there is point buy, a completely viable-yet-bland option.

All in all, as long as I get to play a half-orc or Goliath barbarian, I'll be happy, but it would be all the more sweet if I can be a barbarian with a starting 18-20 on STR or CON. ':D

Something more concerning to me than PB-v-Rolls is being able to swap STR for CHA on melee classes. It's one of the reason that numerous friends of mine, and myself, use the optional rule (supported by WotC and DDB) to allow melee classes with high strength to use their primary stat (STR) for their intimidation checks, instead of the largely accepted CHA stat. It's an optional rule for a reason. A big, brawny, mean-faced Terry Crews-arian can be just as terrifying, if not more so, than a highly charismatic Fiend-lock. When the gnome bard can out intimidate a barbarian that eats axe heads for breakfast, there's a serious imbalance, IMO. :-/