Originally Posted by vyvexthorne
In OG BG archers were originally limited to how many arrows they were carrying. (which just meant you bought a crap load of arrows) but inventory space was also a restriction for carrying arrows and you could only stack a certain amount (I forgot what the original BG stack size was.. I want to say 12?, it was really low at any rate. Tales of the sword coast might have raised it?.) ... Modders added unlimited stacks of ammo fairly quickly and when IWD released modders added in ammo belts and other bags to BG as well. Beamdog also raised the stack amount for the EE's. I've honestly been using Tweaks Anthology for so long I can't remember if Beamdog added in bags to BG or not.

In BG because of the iron shortage there was always a chance any non-magical weapons and armor could break but there was never really a shortage of weapons and armor as you could just pick it up off some dead enemies or go buy some. So there was only a slight chance that you'd ever have to do battle without a weapon.

Basically there's no limit to sword swings because as long as you have something to swing you can swing it. A mage can use a staff, knife, sling and other ranged weapons... (I love slings for my mages in BG) so mages don't solely rely on magic. You'd basically save your spells for the hard fights and use a ranged weapon for all other fights. Over time in D&D, Crossbows have become the more popular simple ranged weapon for all classes. I don't really see how it's simple.. those things are hard to load in real life. But whatever, .. I'd still rather use slings and darts for my magic users. Crossbows seem weird for a mage.

Fair comments , I've learnt to conserve spells for big fights now.