Originally Posted by Argonaut
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Yes, needing to make CON checks for taking chip damage is normal. I was pointing out that because there are many additional sources of chip damage in BG 3 compared to pan and paper, that increases the number of CON checks you need to make. The more checks you make, the greater the chance you fail them.

I am aware, but the OP is asking to change how concentration works as a mechanic which is a counterintuitive suggestion for the reasons I outlined.

I never suggested to change how it works as a mechanic. I suggested to tweak the numbers of the mechanic to adjust to the increase of chip damage. I've played 5e as well. Every table is different and that's good, but the amount of chip damage in this game is greatly skewed to the extreme side with the way surfaces work. Now you could just say,"fix surfaces," but Larian clearly has a direction they'd prefer to go with them. If things continue to head in that direction, relating systems will take a hit. I'd prefer that there were measures put in place to balance the increased chance of losing concentration.