Originally Posted by Zarna
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
However, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, a problem with elevation is that enemies can't jump. Hear me out. At the goblin camp, I took my party to the upper levels (requires a jump, even if you sneak top right) and spent the remaining turns picking off the goblins on the ground who couldn't reach me. Every single turn, the ~10-15 goblins+ogre without ranged weapons took 20 seconds to think, then did nothing because there's no possible path to reach me without jumping. If BG3 allows PCs to reach otherwise-unreachable areas via jumping, then they also have to give enemies the ability to jump.

Or, much more preferably, make sure there is a non-jumping method of reaching every surface where a combat would feasibly take place. I really really really don't want every enemy to be a frog.

Sad thing is that enemies will do nothing on their turns no matter what if you hide, not just if you have higher ground. I can duck behind a corner and they do absolutely nothing on their turns. Anything with half a brain would know where I went and act accordingly unless they are all too scared to follow? If this was the case then they should use this opportunity to make a tactical retreat, not stand there with their useless attempts to goad me into revealing myself.

I agree with you that more enemies should be able to jump. Some already do, like minotaurs who can jump much higher then the player. There are many combat areas with non jumping ways to reach elevation. Most of these you can destroy the ladder behind you, only seen a few types with infinite health.

That is true. Hopefully this height/hide auto-wins will be fixed when enemy AI is fixed. I agree that enemies should either search for you or retreat to safety when they can't find/reach you.

Yes, what everyone wants in this game is more minotaurs :P. And hmmm, do enemies ever destroy the ladder behind them? That could make for some rough encounters o.O