Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Why? That’s ridiculous. Why do you hope the game doesn’t have options you never need to use?

Also, Minsc does go on to lead his own adventuring company. That is in his ToB epilogue.

I want to play with Minsc as a main character. You don’t want to? You don’t have to? But hoping that other people can’t do something you don’t want to do is absurd.

There are a couple of reasons you should consider:
1. Making Minsc an origin character as opposed to normal companion means dedicating much more resources to it, resources that could be used elsewhere (other companions, Dixit broken quests, improving other aspects of the game)
2. Unlike the rest of the origin characters, Minsc wasn't written specifically to be an origin character. That means that in order to make him one some adjustments are needed. Personally I prefer to keep his character as it was, but that is more a matter of opinion. Maybe you care more about having romance or playing as minsc than to keep his character as it was.

1. Allocating resources to anything categorically means that those resources can’t be used for something else. I’m well aware of this.
2. This assumption that he will need to be changed in any way is predicated on nothing. Why would he need to be changed?