Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Originally Posted by Liquidsen
I am not sure if this is the place for this but, please fix pact of the chain warlock by adding scalability to the familiars. Otherwise it will never be picked. as for my question. I was wondering if the list for improved familiars will be changed so that imp is not by far and large the best option available. The option in table top although front loaded to be useful is only useful for a very limited time because of the zero scalability of it as well as the other two options not only being front loaded as well namely pact of the tome. There is no reason to pick this in the tabletop version as it is completely worthless after lv9. Please Larians Studios fix this mechanic that has kind of been abandoned.

As per 5e rules, pact of the chain familiars do NOT scale. Therefore it is working as intended, and does need "fixing".

Maybe BG3 would be better if warlock familiars did scale, but let us be clear here: you are requesting a further deviation from Dungeons & Dragons 5e rules, not a fix.

The deviation would be the fix though. The feature, and the beastmaster ranger in 5E, are simply awful in their implementation and scaling. There's a reason the 5E ranger is soundly trashed repeatedly in player satisfaction surveys.