Originally Posted by JDCrenton
Savescumming actually doesn't affect anyone because it's not being forced into the core gameplay/mechanics unlike the D:OS System. It's the only legit cheat that has always been allowed in CRPGS.

For all your complaint about D:OS....I've never played either of those games more than the opening cut scene and all I can say about this game is "This is like NWN2 except 5e and I can do the sort of shenanigans I do in the tabletop game because I finally have shove that isn't useless and there's actual environment programmed in."

It feels like all the D&D CRPGs I've played before just with good implementation of options you have in the Tabletop that historically hasn't been put into past games in anyway useful way.

Perhaps the Improved Trip stuff in NWN/NWN2 would have been useful if it had been turn-based instead of RTWP but it wasn't. So in general Trip (the 3.X equivalent to Shove) wasn't really useful in NWN2 while it was very useful in the tabletop.

Now we have a CRPG useful Shove to match the TTRPG useful Shove. So, finally I can have something of the extent of tactics I use when playing a tabletop fighter or ranger in a CRPG.

So, even if you think this is "D:OS" I personally think it's closer to my TTRPG experience.

Last edited by Thrythlind; 21/10/20 05:12 AM.