Originally Posted by JDCrenton
Originally Posted by Tuco
I honestly don't know how people can find barrel fishing entertaining because that's just how stealth cheese feels like with how the A.I. reacts to the hide mechanic atm. Same goes for Backstabbing Grasshoppers ( What Disengage? ) and trivializing the whole D&D Spell, Skill and Class System with surface effects abuse/spam and throwables.

Well, a lot of people don't go out of their way to "stealth cheese" or drag explosive barrels anywhere, frankly.

Highly unlikely since 99% played D:OS 2. All the people i know abuse it to death.

I have always loved this argument: "all the people I know". How many is that? 4? 400? Maybe it's (meme incoming) over 9000? Maybe it's only 1? Oh, and citations needed for "99% played DOS2". Just a link to the survey you ran, or that someone else ran will be fine.

Originally Posted by Zarna
Highly unlikely since 99% played D:OS 2. All the people i know abuse it to death.

Never played any of those.
I will break and abuse the crap out of anything in early access/beta in the hopes it will be fixed.
If this barrel stuff remains in full release I would not use it because I like to pretend npcs have at least some intelligence and would definitely become suspicious of all the furniture moving.
There are definitely a lot of things that need to be changed before release.

We can pretend all we want but the A.I. is still going to be retarded in the end because "Design Choices". Just like i can't ask the goblins to not spam throwables or arrows all the time even if i cripple myself. Most ppl don't understand the real issue here.

Let's Race to The High Ground: The Game.

So the issue is that the AI doesn't just stand there and let you wail on them? Interesting. Most of the game's I've played, this would be a welcome addition. I'm sure there are a lot of people that wanted to play Cuphead, or Dark Souls that would just love that. If it's "but there's more than one way to skin a cat", yes? You see, despite the "all the people I know" that's supposed to convey some kind of omniscient knowledge of the game, and how it's being played, I haven't spent a lot of time wondering how I can best set up a bunch of barrels to blow things up, or create slippery surfaces. It's amazing how many encounters I've played in so far that didn't even have any barrels to do that with, and yet, I've still managed to get through them, or not, as the case may be. Both have happened, and will continue to happen, it's the nature of the beast.