Originally Posted by WarBaby2
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Originally Posted by Lumign
My initial impression by playing Solasta is, IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY TO COMBINE THESE TWO GAMES!!!

BG 3 : 10x better graphics, 10000x better looking characters, voice acting, official Faerun license, etc.

Solasta : Easier/convenient interface, no surface nonsense = better combat, better DnD

For me, It's now proven : there should be an option/mod for "strict DnD 5e" rules mode in BG3.

You will be able to do all that in BG3 with a mod at release, so that is 10 mins to do it yourself. You can already do a number of things now with a mod released yesterday.
Or BG3 also has room to grow to make it that way via options or core from here to release as well.

Now the dice rolling animations won't be something in mods and it is nice is Solasta. I'm sure Larian is taking a good look at their game.

...and people wonder why Larian is already called the new Bethesda by some. laugh

And that is a good thing when it comes to mods, but they still aren't close to Bethesda in that realm. Bethesda gets to laugh all the way to the bank while everyone else holds their spincters too tightly. For example DOS's you can't add content to the main game, they locked that out, Bethesda have at it. Just think what we could have today with DOS's if people were able to add/remove quests? Add/remove objects?

Larian did a nice thing with DOS2 where they would come out with official mods as gift packs or the like, that's a cool thing. Would love to see a lot of games do that, some gameplay alterations are always fresh to me.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 21/10/20 05:24 PM.