I agree with some of your review points, I am however having lots of fun/ I find fight on the easy side except some of the boss fights/ I like the inventory / I like the overall look and feel of the game. Love the sounds and music, and can't wait for next chapters.

- The camp resting needs to change . Just finished a battle, surrounded by goblins In the middle of nowhere and hurting, and I decide to cast 'teleport' and go to camp. I rest, see other characters, my dog etc. then I decide to come back to reality, where time has not seem to advanced 1 minute (corps still there etc...). I would prefer finding camp sites here and there and sleeping there. Having a house/bar/pub somewhere on the map to go see my other characters /waiting to get chosen. To balance out the game, since you will be resting less , less spells to use /weaker party, you could lower the monster count.
- The food does not make much sense in battle. In the middle of a big fight , I shout ,'break time, take 5' and we all eat a full pigs head to gain HPs. Maybe increase potion availability/cheaper to buy. Eating outside of combat is ok.
- Fog of war is needed, I agree. I have not yet seen what lies beyond, so how can I view it.