Another thing also is that good vs bad, morality and alignment are also very much subjective and open for interpretation, which is why I personally don't believe in pre-alignment and being 100% tied to those options for the rest of your play-through, with the only exceptions being devotion based (think Paladin or Demonic).

It being subjective can also be seen this way: say the game writer says killing A is good and saving them is bad, but who determines that from a moral point of view? It's like political aligment, both sides think they're right and the other is wrong.

Say I plan playing my character mostly as good (as in: trying to protect the less fortunate and go against the bandits), but there is a moment in the game where in my opinion saving that 1 bandit who is trying to improve their life is the good thing to do, but the commoners demand they're punished or banished and then the option to save them and give them another chance is scripted by the developer as evil, I don't wanna be locked out of that as a mostly "intended as" lawful good character.
And therefore I prefer a system that let's you make decisions and take consequences of those decisions on the go, without it being predetermined. Good people sometimes do bad things and bad people sometimes do good things too, none of that is ever 100% mutually exclusive and sometimes people deep down genuinely believe they are doing the good or bad thing.

I suppose the only exceptions would be Paladins and similar things, because they have to make a devotion to even be allowed to act under their division in the first place, but even then, a Paladin can perfectly make different choices after leaving their training and whatever they lore-wise go through before being declared Paladin, but in that case you just make them Lawful/Good in creation and in their skill compatibilities without associating that to dialogue. With the exception of maybe giving them some specific dialogue options for Paladin, kinda like the specific options based on Religion, Nature, Wisdom, etcetcetc, but those are additional, you're not losing any of the base options.

Last edited by Genky; 22/10/20 11:12 PM.