Played:

Cadash
Gold Box Games (Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, Champions of Krynn)
Eye of the Beholder
Dragon Strike (sort of a dragon flight simulator set in Dragonlance)
Dungeon Hack
Temple of Elemental Evil
Pool of Radiance (00s version)
Icewind Dale 1 & 2
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
NWN 1 & 2
Demon Stone
Sword Coast Legends
Dungeons and Dragons Online

probably a handful of other D&D CRPGs....I've had fun with....most if not all of them....I have Menzoberranzan and the Ravenloft games sitting around somewhere as well, but haven't played them yet (I'm fearful they haven't aged well)

I had had hopes for Sword Coast Legends, but it decided to just pay 5e mechanics lip service...it was still a fun game and if anybody was still selling it I'd suggest playing it. But it marketed itself as something it wasn't and thus failed. Hopefully someone picks up the license and offers it for sale again at a reduced rate somewhere, but I suppose that might be a legal quagmire. It was fun, even if it wasn't really D&D.

The Gold Box Games weren't my introduction to the game (That would be my brothers) but they were the first chance I got to play D&D (my first RPG was Champions 1st ed) and I played the heck out of them (I was starting to get fatigued with them when the Krynn stuff came out though)

BG3 is significantly closer to 5e mechanics than BG1&2 were to 2nd ed (BG1&2 were already experimenting with mechanics we'd see in 3rd ed....such as dropping racial level limits, the sorcerer class, a couple of other things).

People coming into D&D from BG3 will probably be more prone to use options that usually get overlooked, like shove and grenade-like projectiles.

It's also so far a decent-ish primer into the Forgotten Realms setting and current point in the timeline. I worry a bit about over-use of dice in conversations as encouraged by this game, but that should be easy to figure out.

I'm going to be happy to include this in the list of D&D games I owned and have played.