Originally Posted by Baraz
+1 to OP. Just blatant fact.

I took issue with two major quirks :

a) They all try to hook-up for sex no matter the lack of any attempt to figure the main character's sexual orientation or interest. See suggestions below.
Their sudden suggestions for sex appears out of the blue (no preceding dialogue hints leading to it).
Laezel was notably whacky : nothing remotely hinted towards an interest beforehand.

b) When you hook-up with one companion, the others all react like something was hurt and they are not subtle at all. It does not make sense.

And, like OP said here, they almost all seem to just want a fling rather than something more. Shadowheart is more subtle in the current version (though my lady Drow went for Astarion).

SUGGESTION :
- prior dialogue lines that "subtly" let's the player state his/her sexual orientation (men/women/bi)
- prior teasing or flirting should determine if a companion will express any form of jealousy or frustration during the party. Without it, the companion remains neutral on that level.

I'm not inclined to run around saying "Hey, are you straight? Wanna hook up?". Of course, for my generation, asking a woman out on a date wasn't considered assault. I have actually asked a lesbian out on a date, and she politely told me that wasn't into men, but thanks anyway. Ironically, even asking "hey, are you into x" today can find you on the receiving end of a criminal complaint, because reasons? You see, once upon a time, if someone took an interest in someone else, they didn't have to have their lawyer talk to their lawyer to obtain a 57 page permission slip to ask them out. So when I see things like this in camp, it's just another day at the beach, instead of "Help, call the police, I've been assaulted".