Originally Posted by Quietwulf
Out of interest, have you played any of the Witcher series of games? I mention them because there are seldom "good" or "bad" choices. You're simply left with choices and consequences. There's often "good" things about your decisions, but often "bad" things as well. The world isn't a perfect place and problems don't always have clean solutions.

I never played the first two Witcher games but have played Witcher 3 and I loved it. My complaint about that game is with the very shallow game mechanics and that you have to play a predetermined character with very minimal ability to engage in any character development from a mechanics standpoint. However, I found the game's story, characters, character development from a non-mechanics standpoint, and world-building to be fantastic. And I did not have any problems with "alignment" in that game. The game does not have any alignment in it and yet found very meaningful ways to recognize and acknowledge my "good" choices and actions. I played the game doing things in as "good" a way I possibly could, and the game generated results that were very much in line with the "good" outcomes I was looking for. Only in one or two instances did I end up with "bad" outcomes despite my efforts to produce "good" outcomes, and even then the game acknowledged that I had made the effort to do things in a "good" way. So if BG3 does things the way TW3 does things, I would be happy with that.