Originally Posted by Syrek
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

So her voice was the deciding factor that kept you from helping her and killing the tifflings?

Not her voice by itself, but what she's saying with it.
I enjoy a good bad guy plot just as much as the next dude but she just comes across as cartoonishly evil.
I'm aware it's not technically her but whoever she gets her orders from, but they couldn't have found a more edgy way to deliver his wishes if they tried.

Helping her kill a bunch of refugees?
Why would I do that? I gain nothing from doing all that work.
So you say the Absolute will give me unlimited power if I do that?
I don't know about that, but punting his favourite drow down a hatch was surprisingly easy.
Can't be that much power that he gives his best buddies.

I agree with you on this, there were quite a few topics on the forum that asked to make the evil passage more reasonable, and less stupid, to give the player reason to think about joining the cult of the absolute. These are only early access issues, it seems to me.

I even assume that this was done on purpose, in order to study the opinion of the players on how they see the dark side of power and use it in their work. Larian could not say "we are studying the reaction of players to an evil passage, we will persuade them to play for evil" and make all evil choices poorly worked out by chance