Originally Posted by Syrek
It's a matter of individual taste. Do you also post in Solasta's Dev forum and ask them to make their game look more like BG3 because Solasta is ugly?
It's like telling an artist "Why don't you make your music more like THAT guy? I like his better than yours!"
First of all that's very impolite and entitled. And second, you always have the choice to play what you like.

Originally Posted by Sadurian
At this stage of proceedings, I imagine that Larian have a pretty good idea of the fundamental mechanics behind their game. Pointing to another game saying that you like it is very unlikely to make them decide to throw out most of the development work to date and try to replicate a different one.

I like GURPS better than D&D. Hey, Larian, can you change the game for me please?

There's a reason why Larian puts their games out for early access - it's because they want feedback.

Larian has advertised that they've been making a game based on D&D 5e for at least a year. However, it seems clear that they're concerned that people won't find it fun, and so they made a lot of arbitrary changes to the rules. Pointing to another game that follows 5e, and did not make such changes to combat and saying "the combat in that game is better than in your game" is feedback.

I liked and played D:OS 1 and D:OS 2. I've played BG 3 in EA and Solasta in EA, and while the roleplaying elements, graphics, and world of BG 3 are superior to Solasta, the combat in BG 3 isn't as fun as Solasta's, and it is largely because of the rule changes Larian made which are fighting with the rest of the rules.

Larian has been saying that the full game is out for release in a year. Now is exactly the time to experiment with changes. A lot of people are saying, "this small game from a 17-person team using the same ruleset has better-feeling combat". If I was a developer, that's something which I would take note of.

I think it's great that both of these titles are in EA at the same time.