Definately I think PC need far more backstory options (in character customization) than the one or two proposed by the 5th ed. PHB.

Thing is in the PnP game, each player will create their backstories, wich can be very complex and creative, wuch are obviously impossible to transcribe into BG3, but...

I reminds in PoE 1 there was specific options for choosing and refining a bit more our character's backstory, like what was your occupation before that, your origins, your temperament, was there something specific that brought you here, etc.
It was chossing from a pretty short list, but it allowed companions and you to have more dialog options about yourself and your past story.

Or like in Mass Effect 2 where you could choose the choices you made in the first game, if you were unable to start from a savegame from the first episode. It allowed the game to know about your past choices, relationships between other characters, if anybody died, and so on. This way it ensured the game to be accurate with your backstory.

So I think there should be some options, like 4-6 more, to refine your past and give the opportunity to talk other companions about your past more accurately (I'm thinking about the party night with Shadowhearth for instance).
It would makes more sense and flesh out your character by giving him/her more personality traits, a past with stories and anecdotes to remember about, and so on.

Those would allow more dialog options, wich could be easily done most of the time since our character doesnt speak ; not too many voicing to add too, answers of other companions could be more or less generic in some way, but it may preserve well the "illusion" of the game taking into account your character backstory, at the very least.

Last edited by FenrisC; 23/10/20 10:31 PM.