Originally Posted by Orbax
I just did the parallax alt-tab switching to compare the reddit results v forum results...pretty interesting. My armchair takeaways:

- This forum has a more experienced genre gaming community
- This forum has a decent amount more D&D experience
- Reddit, on the whole, had a more positive opinion and experience. I didn't see any areas where Reddit was more critical of the game than these forums.
- The positive shift that Reddit has regarding homebrew D&D rules is far greater than the disparity of D&D experience but correlates much more strongly to the lack of experience of games played that utilize D&D mechanics.
- The forums, probably partially due to smaller sample, have much less consensus on Combat Balance and Freedom.
- I thought surprising similarity to class balance question given the difference on the combat experience question - seems like your experience in combat would be linked to class efficacy.
- Surfaces! Wow, considering Reddit's overwhelming DOS2 dominance as a previous game played, with little other game experience in the genre...same opinion as this forum on surfaces.
- Stealth - another interesting parity between the two. Again, considering how you could do things in DOS2, the questionable execution of what you are allowed to do with it in this seems to hit the same "yeah, we probably shouldnt be able to do that" point.
- Shove - middle crowd didn't change but the people with strong opinions were, again, on the "10" side for reddit and "1" for forums almost in a mirrored flip with a 4% deviation
- Disengage - again, similar. I think the game experience doesnt matter here as it is purely a D&D mechanic and seems to be agreed that this isn't how it should be.
- Dips and cantrips, generally disliked. Same Reddit positive shift, though.
- AC low HP High - BIG difference. Lot of people are OK with it in Reddit. Forums are frothing at the concept.
- Items/arrow - Reddit generally OK, not enthused, Forums negative shift to generally disliked.
- Rest/ targeting - generally the same. Reddit more OK with it, Forums dislike
- Fog of war - middle crowd ok and similar. Forums 1's are Reddits 10's
- Companions - Reddit generally likes them. Forums lack any strong consensus, but generally slightly likes.
- Chaining - Forums, 60+ dislike, Reddit 50/50
- Item management - lol Forums - 80% dislike v Reddit 60%
- peaceful solutions / RTWP - Generally the same, with Reddit positive shift

Reddit is a happier, less critical place than these forums @@

There’s one missing attribute evaluation that you forgot and I’d like to hear your opinion - the nemesis - highground & backstab advantage.
I’d say that in that ground is where the differences get interesting! Giving the scenario: everyone hates missing, am I right? The advantage system in BG3 is way more frequent given the scenario (highground is abundant in every landscape) and that’s being used to grant that desired “playability”. The game itself as it is right now in the early access makes it difficult to the average player to understand what are the impacts of that advantage spree because they do not have access to Barbarians, fearie Fire and so on. Therefore it’s hard to capture the impact in the long run. On the other hand, Forum being more technical, they are already aware of the impacts and foresee the amount of work that will be needed to adjust it (And my humble opinion is that this thing should be removed from the game, getting back the cover system to the stage)

Nevertheless, my conclusions are the same as yours! Very well described.