Originally Posted by Iszaryn
I was playing Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer and BG3 reminds me of that game, where you have powers from an outside influence so to speak.

I've seen some complaints about the Story for Solasta that it is boring on steam, and don't know about that.

I am planning on getting Solasta eventually since I already have this

Solasta is definitely (for the EA) a more "down to earth" story, it doesnt start with epicness and craziness that doesn't make sense for level 1 newbie adventurers lol.
That said, its story is also very very linear, which isn't great. Hopefully they take their feedback on board and consider adding more dialogue options and story forks. Apparently most of the planned side content isn't there yet which is also likely part of why it feels as linear. From what i can see, it seems like its story will get crazy eventually though too, maybe not /as/ crazy as BG3 though laugh Story/narrative is definitely Solastas weakpoint (along with character models which arent really up to par for cinematics and cinematic dialogues these days but are plenty good enough for isometric.