Originally Posted by KingTiki

As for optimization beyond AI, I think it is rather simple. They need to revert the rebalancing they did regarding AC, HP and spell effects. The fight will be pretty fast and easy when you can just shatter half the enemies with 1 turn as a wizard. As it stands now this is pretty hard because of the HP bloat.

I can think of two additional ideas, first: do not have trash mob fights in the game. I don't get why they exist in RTwP games, but in turn base games they are extra annoying. DOS:1 and DOS:2, or other games like XCOM, do not have this problem, because every fight is pretty much unique, regarding the setup, the enemies, and special mechanics like timers and such. Fighting 5 groups of 4 to 6 goblins in a cathedral ruin is getting old fast. Then there are some setups that are probably just not polished, because: EA. For example the Redcaps in the Swamp started out two kilometers away from me. I was skipping rounds and picking them off one after another with ranged attacks.

And, secondly, let me configure and activate AI for my party, if there have to be random mobs and easy encounters. The game could play itself while I drink coffee and watch youtube.