Originally Posted by Emulate
nothing is bad the ogres are easy watch the video I posted, you can't die in this game because the mechanics are completely broken for consumables and reviving, I have no idea how you enjoy a game that is clearly completetely broken I've played deeper JAVA web browser games.

> You can't die in this game

dude.. my guy.. bro...... Larian literally has a map of ALL THE DEATHS so far people have experienced. Which is to say: a lot. https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/baldurs-gate-3-death-map

it sounds to me like somehow your gameplay specifically is broken, because no one can or has been able to play the way you have been playing, clearly, because we all unanimously think you're absolutely bonkers except for ONE thing re: fog of war.

also lol way to go wearing the "Get Bane On Yourself Every Encounter" gloves without first being branded by the priestess.

yes, I realize there's like 5 pages on this thing but I had a migraine for 4 days, cut me some slack

Editing because I finished reading all of it and BOY HOWDY.

First of all people saying I don't like this game because it's 5e and RNG are partially correct, but the thing you also have to consider being a so called "purest" is that this game doesn't play in the slightest like BG1 or BG2 so I don't understand how you can fanboy over a combat system
that is absolute garbage in its current rendition. I've said it's critically flawed I've showed videos of my chain reviving party members, videos just eating food in combat to return health. The combat system is hollow, its broken, it makes almost no sense most of the time...

Do you still not realize that literally no one else has been able to replicate your combat experience? Your experience is not universal, this is why no one is taking you seriously. The rest of us either breeze through without many character deaths per encounter because we found a tactic/party make-up that works for us or we die once or twice (or a party member does) and we leave them there to be revivified later because using the Help action only raises them to 1 HP and the enemy AI still overwhelmingly targets low HP and/or already downed characters to make sure they STAY down. Chain actioning Help to get a character up does not bring them up on their turn, it only does if you're consistently lucky with your initiative order and then and only then can you pot their health because they immediately had a turn and no enemies had a chance to hit them again.

ALSO if you're a 5e pureist how do you even stomach playing a game where you can see through walls and gost arround the map viewing combat senarios multiple rooms over... that seems like an epic case of you have no idea what a good game even is. I understand if you are new to PC gaming and look at this game as somehting shiny and special... But you have to consider that many of use are older and have been playing games for decades... and not one of those games of the past that were good allowed you to forgo even having to explore the world... Its bad, the bad combat can be adjusted or tollerated I suppose playing coop.

Seriously? You're going that route? You're going with "A lot of us are older and our Standards Are Higher because we've played Real Games"? Your opinion is irrelevant. I'm 26 and I have played plenty of good, and by extension bad, games in my life. And you know what? I have never before seen someone go as hard at tearing a game down and railing about how much it sucks while simultaneously failing to grasp how anything actually works, or at least failing to understand/acknowledge that maybe your experience is skewed more into the "buggy" territory, especially after so many people have told you that they don't, have not, and can't seem to replicate your particular combat experiences at all.

This hill you've chosen to die on that You're the Only One Whose Right and the rest of us are just simps for a BG game "no matter how bad it is" is a really, really weird hill, man.

Last edited by Milani; 26/10/20 09:08 PM. Reason: I caught up.