Just a quick praise post. Tried HDR under DX11 (don't think it works under Vulkan) and right now it's the best HDR displaying game I own. I have a 50th Ann Ed 5700XT from AMD and a 4k BenQ EW-3270U HDR10 monitor and the BG3 HDR calibration controls work better than in any other game I have. Indeed, in most games with a purported HDR mode, HDR looks really washed out and dull compared to normal mode--but not BG3! The game looks best in HDR mode, for a change. Colors are as vivid and sharp as in normal mode, but they are displayed with more range and just look better--the difference is immediately noticeable. The greens are deeper in the foliage, everything is gorgeous--nothing unreal or gaudy about it.

If you have an HDR GPU and monitor (my monitor and GPU are DP 1.4 devices and I use a Vesa-certified DP 1.4, 8k cable) then fire up the DX11 version--after turning on HDR in Win10 display properties first, of course. Then go to Options/Video and hit the "HDR calibration" button that will only appear after you turn on HDR in Windows10 (before running the game, of course.) Enjoy--what a nice surprise! Thanks, Larian!

Baldur's Gate never looked so good...;) I will, henceforth, be running BG3 in HDR mode, only!

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)