Originally Posted by Zefhyr
Denhonator, I could be satisfied with a good and well-designed turn-based fights but, for a game called BG3, RTwP should be at least an option.
As somebody said, if you wont respect the basics of a game, you don't take his name with +1.

This isn't exactly the first time that core gameplay mechanics have changed in a game series as time went by. The fact that older games worked some way does not mean newer games have to work that way. The only argument for RTwP I've seen is "BG1 and BG2 had it". You could also say "a D&D 5e game should be turn based" or perhaps "Larian game should be turn based". But we can't really resolve it like this.

Would the game be better if it was RTwP instead of TB? Would the game be better if it had RTwP option? Does TB appear to be a fitting system for the game now that we've seen? These questions matter a lot more.

As for having the option, sure, in a perfect world we just have both. But the way they design encounters and pacing of the game is with turn based, tactical combat in mind. It would take heavy work to adjust everything to work well in RTwP, not to mention technical difficulties, considering the engine is made for turn based combat.

I'm also confident that with the experience the studio has and what we've seen so far, they can make good turn based gameplay.