After playing Solasta for a couple of hours I feel BG3 is heavily missing out by not including some of its features. Some of these aren't even a matter of preference, they're outright quality-of-life implementations that definitely improve the experience for the player.

1) Reactions in combat - Larian's reason for not implementing these was that it'd slow down the flow of combat. After playing Solasta I can safely say that this is not the case. When an opportunity arises the game gives you a message telling you that you have the option to perform a reaction, for example an attack of opportunity on an enemy that's moving away from you, while giving you the option of performing the said action or ignoring it and saving your action for later. This feels very natural and does not slow down the combat at all. In fact I'd even say it feels like it makes it even more engaging since it gives the player agency during the enemy's turn rather than making you sit and watch them run around.

2) Followers automatically jumping over chasms/obstacles - Anyone that has played BG3 will know how much of a source of frustration it is to have to select all four party members one by one and have them jump across a crevice. In Solasta your companions will automatically jump across if you've crossed a chasm. It's such a huge quality of life improvement that I'm afraid I won't be able to live with BG3's implementation which, to be sincere, is very clunky in its current early access stage.

3) Dodge action & Readying actions - Forgoing your turn in favour of preparing an action (usually attacking an enemy that enters your range) adds another layer of strategic depth. It solves the problem of feeling like you're 'wasting' your turn in the cases where you are unable to perform any other meaningful actions. Another unseen benefits of having this is that your characters gets to 'do something' even when it isn't your turn. In multiplayer games combat can often feel boring you get very little screentime, but this provides you the option to essentially think outside of your turn by offering you actions that can be performed later.

A final note which, admittedly, mostly is a manner of preference is that I really like how Solasta presents the dice rolls during combat. They happen simultaneously with the action so you can see the roll (and your modifiers) without combat being slowed down in any way. While I doubt everyone would be interested in seeing this added I would greatly appreciate if this was a toggleable option in the final release of the game.