Originally Posted by Frumpkis
Mentioning things that "work better" in other games shouldn't be out of bounds. Especially when it's objectively true. smile

That won't influence Larian, judging by the last DOS games I played. They have their own ideas about how to do things, for better or worse. Maybe a useful idea will be picked up from feedback to make the game better, but it will still have a strong Larian flavor in the design.

In that spirit, I'll mention that it would sure be nice to have a group inventory and auto-loot function like Wasteland 3 to streamline inventory management. And a more functional hot bar for spells and abilities like in PoE.

Even before it started popping up here on an hourly basis, I had looked at some information on solasta. Nothing I saw screamed "you must buy me". It's hard to lay out the claim of "objectively better" when it's based on a subjective criterial, such as "but I'm a 5e purist, and everything must be 5e", especially when you can bet there will be things that aren't going to satisfy that rules lawyer in the other product too, and they may point that out on that game's forum, but they surely won't mention it here, especially if it conflicts with something else they've already said here. Well, to be fair, there are some people that honestly seem to believe that people only read one thread, so they might try it...