Originally Posted by Frumpkis
Originally Posted by _Vic_

74.85% of you stood with the (Good path), and 25.15% of you sided with (Evil creature). Good outweighs evil, it seems.

No matter what, it seems we people playing CRPGs have a thing for the "Light Side", even if they ask us to go evil in the EA.

It's a perennial problem with most CRPG's that try to offer both Good and Evil paths. They're always chock-filled with "Help the NPC" quests, and if you ignore them or try to finesse an Evil outcome, you end up with less XP gain and less loot. Since the implicit goal for both Good and Evil playthroughs is to level up and get cool loot, the Evil side just doesn't pay off.

Evil really only pays off when the entire game is built around it. I remember one very good user-made module for Neverwinter Nights where the MC was an Evil necromancer. All the dialog and interactions were built around that theme. It really worked, and I had a great time playing it, even though I normally take a default Good path in most of these games for the reasons mentioned above.

That and there is a general lack of story/roleplay incentive to be evil in most of these games.
When I played my own drow character and met Minthara, only to learn that she seemingly abandoned Lolth for servitude of this 'absolute'... sorry darling, that is a stabbing. One could argue that a drow could see the benefit of manipulating the situation, use it to kick the asses of the druids, then stab Minthara to death for abandoning the goddess, and be totally happy.

/shrug

Why would a tiefling realistically care for the aid of the goblins?
Why would a githyanki care?
Why would anyone trust the goblins over the druids?

Maybe if you have a character that is just a simple murder-hobo.
Or if you have a character that is all about the tad-poliness and all over "the absolute"

Last edited by TheOtter; 27/10/20 05:49 PM.