Originally Posted by MatronPain
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm just old and set in my ways I suppose, although saying that, other than an Arti splash for trapping now and then most of my later DDO lives have been single class.

In this game I'll get used to the new system in time, probably when the level cap raises a bit and at least its not Neverwinter Nights, lol.

It'll be even easier with 6 character slots and an easier way to make all the character's yourself lol (having to start 4 clients to initially create the 4 man party is a bit slow).

hint hint

No problem. I also like to plan out fully custom parties. I just beat the EA again last night, this time using an all custom party of a human eldritch knight, half-Drow arcane trickster, tiefling ranger, and dwarf cleric. I have every bit as much fun with a roster of my own making as I do playing with NPCs.

I also didn’t particularly care for 3rd edition and actually gave up on D&D by 4th. 5th edition won me back over. For me it hits the sweet spot where there is enough of a balance between options and limitations where it makes not only designing builds, but designing characters super fun. I have a bunch of custom parties prepared for BG3, and I’m sure that once you learn the rules you will enjoy yourself too.