Originally Posted by Orbax
Originally Posted by Riandor
Well Orbax if you feel that way, I’m not here to tell you you’re wrong. I mean my understanding of EA was to help out financially, get a shot at playing early and provide some feedback.

I don’t remember being promised anything in particular, but Larian did say multiple times they would gather and listen. The fact that no big announcement on issues has been made either way simply suggests to me they aren’t ready to discuss those items with us yet.

We’ve had some bug fixes, nothing else... Larian haven’t even added OR DISCUSSED the changes and additions we know will come (classes etc...), should we question those now too because they weren’t in either update?

Let’s not get our knickers in a twist eh?! I’ve worked in oft ware development, I’ve seen nothing to make me concerned in any of their commutations “so far”.

I'm a Technical Solutions Architect that for almost two decades has done nothing but develop, deploy, and support enterprise applications for companies in the billions for annual rev. I do a heck of a lot better than these guys walking people through this stuff. Its a simple tactic - communicate a bunch so people don't ask you questions and repeat known issues. If users know what is up, the channel quiets down to new issues and everyone has more time to find and focus on the high priority issues. The level of effort is so low - that is what is blowing my mind. Can anyone say what this will look like in 2 weeks? 1? Thats crazy. Im at 250 hours into this right now, so it isn't like im flipping them the bird, but my submission rate has dropped to a tenth of the previous rate. If they care they can ask about something. The throw sht against the wall and see what sticks attitude isn't that much fun, ill just play the game and hope their in-game engine is giving them something useful as that is the only thing they are really acknowledging right now.

You can't really compare us, the forumites, to clients such as that honestly it's a different scale and expectations are different. For starters, if you work in enterprise your team definitely has signed some legal paperwork that binds you to respond in certain ways. Also, it's quite often that you're dealing with developer-to-developer or if you're consulting and building an in house solution you're still somewhat part of that process. In other words, expectations are set.

Here it is definitely not the case; we don't know whether or not we're the core demographic or just a small salty bunch with even saltier people in between. There's also no modicum of professionalism between us and the devs; a lot of the negative users here are consistently terrible towards the devs. What incentive would they have to placate those people let alone the rest of us who have zero trustworthiness? It's why A LOT of studios simply have their devs behind a wall because the abuse they face is pretty depressing. Again, this doesn't apply to the enterprise world because lol HR and also lol business ramifications.

You're also giving quality feedback through your game play assuming they bad touched everything with analytics, your actual feedback is shit at the end of the day compared to your actual behaviors in game. The best thing you can do is whenever they do release new content is to play it repeatedly and add more data points.

So, sure, they could talk but what's the point when the energy is generally going to be trending towards the negative. They have their data and the feedback they deem necessary and will address it in time, hopefully to your liking.

I believe the silent majority is what Larian is targeting at the end of the day, the forums are just for shits and giggles and occasionally useful as a tool to get feedback that might have been missed.