Originally Posted by Zentu
I guess I am just old school and really enjoy classes with CLEAR well defined distinctions. Never was a fan of Dual Classing. Multi-classing in the older systems was okay as it really slowed down advancement a lot.

So you dont like having a "build" that you like? You prefer it being built for you? So you are telling me you use Wyll as a melee rapier character, he was clearly given martial proficiency in Rapier?

Originally Posted by MatronPain
I haven't bought a rulebook or boxset since 2nd ed sometime in the early 90's (though I have played a lot of computer games and read books). Are dual-class and multi-class characters now extinct?

I played an elven F/M/T for years in my group and a fighter with the sleight of hand that can cast the odd spell doesn't seem the same.

Theres still multiclassing in 5e and it has its own rule system to ensure balance. It starts with you requireing 13 in your baseline stat for the main stat of all classes that you are thinking about dipping into. The required stat entry point is high enough that some class combos are very hard to pull off because some classes require more than 1 main stat. (Rangers require 13Dex/13Wis, Paladin requires 13Str/13Cha).

Last edited by pill0ws; 28/10/20 02:04 PM.