Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Maerd
@kanisatha I have a suspicion that you just don't understand what being evil actually means. The argument people have hare, that in the current state evil characters, if they are not idiots (I mean in-game characters, not players), will side with tieflings too. Therefore, the claim that siding with tieflings is an indicator of roleplaying a good character is just false.

No I do understand very well.

In the case of this example of yours, I can agree with you that Larian shouldn't label the action of siding with the tieflings as good or evil. But at the same time, players can label it any way they want. And I am very certain the overwhelming majority of players who like playing good will surely label it as the "good" path, whether those of you playing "evil" agree or not.

Siding with the Tieflings is most likely supposed to be the good path. The issue is that this is happening because the current evil path is for stupid evil not intelligent evil. There needs to be a better reason to not kill the goblins. Many playing evil may not even care about the Tieflings, they got saved by accident.