But he's the one who put the tadpole inside your head. So are you suggesting he doesn't know it's a special tadpole which has a different purpose than the ones they usually use?

Well, yes, why would he? Everyone else on the ship was turning, namely the townsfolk on the gundeck [for lack of better words]. The brain-things think you're one of them, calling you to the helm. You can also turn someone into a Flayer. It all seems like regular Mindflayer tactics so far.

For all we know, nothing was wrong with the tadpole, until the ship crashed, and we were 'in range of the [Netherese] magic-whatever that affects tadpoles'?

Originally Posted by Vhaldez

Maybe the (totally not a DOS2 repeat) scene at the end of the intro where a mysterious force saves you from dying is supposed to imply the shadow magic being inserted into the tadpole?

I thusfar suspected Gale for being responsible for that, but I have no other reason to think that, besides; "A Wizard did it" - Oh, and tht he mentioned me lying somewhere, so he thought I was dead. He could of course mean, on the ship itself.

Last edited by rodeolifant; 29/10/20 01:22 PM.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.