Originally Posted by robertthebard
Which "we"? Because there are things you want that I don't. There are things that bother you that don't bother me, like the tadpole. There are things we may well agree on, but the one thing, right off the bat, that we don't agree on is that, if Larian wanted to make DOS 3, they could have done a Kickstarter, and been successful with it. They have more than enough good will around the net from their previous KS campaigns, and the end results. Then there's the time I spent in DOS 2 this morning, while I waited for the tech to come out and fix my internet. A whole lot of people that are misremembering, or just hitting on confirmation bias over a few similarities, and sweeping all the differences under the rug.

None of the goblins I've been fighting have been particularly spongey. They are sitting at about the same number of HP as the party. There are some exceptions, which are either bosses or mini bosses, and that's to be expected, I suppose. If they did anything fancy with the AI, the rules lawyers would be all over them, sort of like how some were complaining because they have special ammunition for their bows, and use it, instead of saving it for the player to loot, which you can, if you kill them fast enough.

There have been a number of hotfixes for issues already. That's far from "not listening". Some of this is even based off of not spending more time replying to stuff on the forums, or any time? It's not like I'm a die hard Larian fanboy either. I only played DOS 2 after I learned that they were making BG 3. This is one of the games on my "I'm never going to see it, but I sure want to" list. So, since I knew they were making this, and that it was going to play similarly, TB combat, I figured I'd try it out, and use it to get used to TB combat, since I haven't been a fan of it since ToEE.

To each their own, but trying to make the game that "we want" would be a monumental effort, because there would have to be tons of iterations, and that's never going to happen.

Im sorry man, but youre whole statement is off. Goblins have 8 hp, this is in every version Monster Manual out there. Its great you appreciate Larian, and I thought D:OS1&2 were fun, but not as fun as they could have been. The collective "we" is the dozen of post about the issues I put out. Show me the positive feedback for barrellmancy or every enemy using acid bombs and arrows and the stupid terrain damage thats a part of every single battle. I feel you are part of the problem with this being closer to D:OS than being D&D. Read the forums, people arent happy with a lot of the gameplay features and movement away from a D&D feel. Maybe you have never sat at a table and played, but there is a lot of possible improvements that can be made, that will increase enjoyment. Im not even asking for MY features my point was to make a list and we all decide on what to bring up to the DEVs weekly. As a group we are stronger. As a single person on the forums being complacent, and arguing a "wont make a difference response" then yeah nothing changes. There is already a post with the list of items that are too similar to D:OS2 and they are keeping it bumped to the top of the forums.